In this section are gathered, with their links and summaries, all the texts in English that can be found on this site www.christianpuren.com.
They are identified by " -en " at the end of their code: "2014a-en", "066-en", etc.
This section is updated each time a new text in this language is published.
I am very grateful to my colleague from the University of Izmir (Turkey), Ahmet ACAR, who kindly took care of these translations.
Section "Mes travaux"
- 2020c-en. "From an internationalized communicative approach to contextualized plurimethodological approaches". Dokuz Eylül University, Department of ELT, İzmir, Turkey, April 2020. Prepared as a contribution to the distance education course: ELT Curricula.
The communicative approach, or task-based (communicative) learning, has unduly occupied almost all the space for didactic reflection and methodological development in the world over the last 40 years. Indeed, this approach is not appropriate for all the goals and objectives of teaching and learning in schools. We will illustrate this point by taking as an example the historical evolution of methodologies in France. The pre-communicative methodology of the 1920s to 1960s, based on the collective reading and oral commentary of authentic documents, is still relevant for students who only want to keep a distance contact with the foreign language-culture. Two post-communicative orientations have become necessary to meet the challenges of living and working together in "a multilingual and multicultural Europe" (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, 2000), namely plurilingual approaches and the action-oriented approach. All these methodological matrices need to be protected and maintained in applied linguistics in the same way as the diversity of languages in the world or biodiversity in nature. The only relevant question is how they can be selected and combined or articulated in language programmes taking into account students, goals, objectives and contexts, especially in relation to local educational cultures. (Mise en ligne en date du 21 avril 2020)
- 2019g-en. "Development of the social action-oriented approach and the resulting methodological situation in didactic of languages and cultures". “L’élaboration de la perspective actionnelle et la situation méthodologique résultante en didactique des langues-cultures”, was published in French in the Proceedings of the 2nd InternationalMethodologicalColloquium "Methodology of Language Learning . Towards Pedagogical, Didactic and Linguistic Excellence", Thessaloniki (Greece), 3-4 September 2018,
- 2013e-en. "The shift from the paradigm of communication to the paradigm of action, and its implications for practical implementation from the social action-oriented approach". English version of 2013e.
Section "Bibliothèque de travail"
- 066-en. "The five documentary logics currently available (model)". Synthetic resumption of the various available logics of didactic treatment of documents ("literary", "document", "support", "documentation" and "social"), realized from several articles previously published on this site. (English translation of the first version of French original article 066)
- 069-en. "How to integrate the project approach in the classroom on the didactic units of language textbooks". English translation of the document entitled "Comment intégrer la démarche de projet dans le travail en classe sur les unités didactiques des manuels de langue?" (069, juin 2018)